Virtual Valentines Day Gifts & Ideas
Wrinkle & Crease 2021
Virtual Valentines day Gifts & Ideas
Ahhhh, love! L’ Amour. Amor. Amore.
Or in other words - Valentine’s Day! A day full of romance, passion and let’s face it….maybe some expectations? But what do you do when you’re faced with having to cherish your loved one during a pandemic while even your favourite restaurant is closed? Or maybe worse - your long-distance relationship is likely to be spent celebrating Valentine’s Day over, well...Zoom?! With a little time and preparation, and the beauty of virtual gifts, even in the most difficult of situations you can give your loved one the attention they deserve.
What’s a good gift for a girl on Valentine’s Day?
Sometimes an amazing gift for your lady love doesn’t have to involve breaking the bank on something sparkly (although that doesn’t hurt…) Instead think about what truly matters. Some of the most meaningful gifts are those that take just a little bit of creativity. Read on for some unique and virtual ideas to get her heart racing without having to take out a second mortgage.
Here is a list a virtual valentines gifts and ideas for her.
• A Day of Her Favourite Things: Plan ahead and send a little care package with wrapped gifts of her favourite things. Think a bag of her favourite coffee or tea, a lotion with her favourite scent, her favourite chocolates or treat and of course a framed picture of her favourite person (you know who, wink, wink!) Arrange the times throughout the day for when she should open each gift and cap the day off with a pre-planned dinner for the two of you over a video call!
• A Romantic Dinner Together Over Video Chat: Plan the menu in advance, each buy the same bottle of wine, listen to a curated playlist, light a candle and cook up the same meal. Make it cozy - you love each other!
• A Good Ol’ Fashioned Game of 20 Questions: This is especially fun for a new romance. Email a list of questions to ask each other and answer them over video chat. Nothing brings two people closer together than being vulnerable and getting into the nitty-gritty. • Plan a Romantic Trip Together: What says “I love you” more than planning for the future? Where’s that one place that you’ve both dreamed of visiting? This is the perfect opportunity to strengthen your bond and daydream about the days ahead when you’re dancing together again - perhaps under a beautiful moonlit Mediterranean sky.
What can you send instead of flowers on Valentine’s Day?
Flowers may be tried and true but sometimes it can be fun to mix things up for Valentine’s Day. If you want to keep it classic but with a twist, here are some awesome virtual gift ideas that are sure to please.
• Chocolate Covered Strawberries or Their Favourite Cookies: Yum! You cannot go wrong with the delectable gift of sugar and the best part? It’s as easy as a click of a button to order.
• A Monthly Candle Subscription: Who doesn’t love the cozy warm glow of a candle? With a monthly subscription, your sweetheart won’t need to worry about that flame ever fizzling out. One of our favourite #yyc local shops Milk Jar Candle Co offers a 3 month, 6 month and 12 month subscription. Check it out here: Milk Jar 12 month subscription
• Wine of the Month Club: This is a bit of a splurge but something you could enjoy together (or virtually if you gift yourself the same)! Share a bottle together at the end of every month to make your Valentine’s Day last the whole year long.
• Subscription to Masterclass: Is your loved one eager to hone their knife skills or master the art of the Texas-Style BBQ? A subscription to a Masterclass is a fun gift that even you could enjoy as a second-hand benefit!
• A Gift Card to Their Favourite Sexy Online Store: You can make this one as racy as you’d like. Have fun and choose the gifts together!
• Box of Encouraging Sealed Notes: Write dozens of sweet encouraging notes on slips of paper and place them in a box, jar or container. When your loved one is having a rough day they can simply reach into the box for an encouraging love note.
- Name a Star: Okay, we know what you’re thinking, this one may feel a bit cheesy, but it doesn’t get much better than having your very own star named after you up in the sky. Imagine in 20 years you and your partner looking up to see your love captured for all of eternity!
• Write a Love Letter or a Romantic Card:This is by far one of the most special gifts you can give. A love letter can be re-read and treasured until the end of time. Choose beautiful paper or a card that expresses exactly how you feel.
A romantic Card for Your One And Only
Valentine’s Day ideas for Office Staff - Virtual- and In-Person-
Don’t forget the other people in your life on this loving holiday. Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to show your staff that you appreciate them - in person or virtually!
- Chocolates: Bring them some chocolates from a local shop - you can’t go wrong with something sweet from their favourite confectionery!
- Art Print: A fun or inspirational art print for their office wall/desk/cubicle is just the trick to jazz up their space to give it a little personality.
- Coffee: This one is a no-brainer. A gift card to a coffee shop where they can treat themselves to their favourite latte or hot chocolate. Many gift cards can be e-mailed right to their inbox for a sweet surprise!
- The Gift of Time: Maybe all your staff really need is to leave an hour early that afternoon. That way they can get started on that perfect romantic dinner at home. You’ll be the best boss in town!
Valentine’s Day Gift for Your Single Friend
Don’t count out your friends who may be a little extra lonely this day. Or perhaps you’re single yourself! Make a pact with another single friend and make sure they don’t feel left out. Send each other some brightly coloured flowers accompanied with a sweet card Try this Wrinkle & Crease card here as a token of friendship and to lift each other’s spirits.
Gifting for Valentine’s Day has never been easier - whether you’re sharing the same household or are miles away - virtual gifts will help you ensure that this is one holiday in 2021 that you and your love will cherish forever.